Re: Suggested Details - HSS Column Embedded in Concrete Masonry

I suggest that you extend the horizontal reinf. in the wall (on either
side of the column within the wall) and weld each bar to a flat plate
which will then be bolted to a wood drag. You could also do the
connection between the reinf. and the flat plates (or angles if
compression is large enough) within the block wall if there is enough
room in the wall.

Stan Scholl, P. E.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.