Re: Navy Structural Document Source

Try the US Army Corps of Engineers...if you search for NAVFAC DM*
you will find what you are looking for! They are in PDF format....here's the link:

>>> tibbits2(--nospam--at)metro.lakes.com 09/11/2000 11:38:44 AM >>>
I have gotten some good links to obscure military sites with structural design information developed by the Navy, Army, etc.  I've often wondered how they were found.

At the present moment, I'm looking for a Navy document on wind load analysis.  It has a table somewhat similar to the UBC.  [We're designing a building in Wisconsin, and apparently this document is acceptable to them, but don't dare mention UBC to them - they developed their own (often ambiguous and incomplete) code from scratch and I understand the officials are very touchy about anyone else's code].

The document I need is: NAVFAC DM2 (October 1970)

Any help finding this online is most appreciated.

Regards,

Ed Fasula EIT

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org