RE: Navy Structural Document Source

Ed,

I would follow Harold's advice...use ASCE 7-98.  The version of the
Wisconsin code that I have states:

"Note: The department will accept recognized procedures but not limited to
Department of Navy, Bureau of Yards and Docks, NAVFAC DM-2 (Dec. 1967) or
"Wind Forces on Structures" by the Structural Division of ASCE Test
Committee on Wind Forces (ASCE Transactions, Vol. 126, Part II, Paper No.
3268."  (that last number could be wrong)

That states gives the ability to use a "recognized" procedure such as ASCE
7-98.  You might still want to check with the local code official.

Hope that helps,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE