HP CD Writer Plus 8250i

Does some body have this CD writer? I have one and have a problem of copying
700 MB CD. It always tell me that my blank CD has 650 MB capacity, even
though I put 700 MB CD in.  Of cause I tried to contact HP web site but after
I filled in the blank questionairs and hit send, It sending 40 percents and
stop.  That means it dos not work. So I thought one of you might have the
same problem or might have solved the problem already.  Thanks in advance.
Ed Latthitham SE
Ventura, CA