RE: Navy Structural Document Source

Harold Sprague wrote:

>>The current Navy standard for wind loads is contained in the
MIL-HDBK-1002/2A, Loads, 15 October 1996 at:
http://www.efdlant.navfac.navy.mil/Lantops_15/.  Click on "Publications" and
scroll to the 1002/2A.  I would use the 1002/2A with caution.  The
recurrence interval is 25 years as opposed to the customary 50 year
recurrence interval as in the ASCE 7-98.<<

The Appendix to ASCE 7-?? has factors to convert recurrence intervals to 50
years.  E.g., to convert a 30 year recurrence interval to a 50 year
recurrence interval, the factor is 1.15.  (This conversion is in the snow
loads section of the appendix, IIRC, but I don't see why it would be
different for wind.)

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona