Re: Re: Lighten up]

Bart,

My first reaction when reading the descriptive post was "Now children, let's
play nice"

I have no desire to embroil myself in a hostile email exchange, but I must
state the following:

I personally do not feel that participation on this list should subject
anyone to personal attacks or abuse, on the list or off it.  The original
posting was an attempt at humor, and Oshin's (sp?) response was a bit harsh.
But since then this thread has degenerated steadily.

Both of the original posters and yourself have contributed thoughtfully and
professionally to this list.  We all have a bad day, or something posted
will be interpreted in differing levels of severity depending on our
personal backgrounds.  Our differences in culture and experience is a large
part of what makes participating on the list worthwhile, we must celebrate
our differences, and temper our reactions to them.

I do not feel that professional participation on the list is encouraged by
the personal denigration of the other participants, whether it be done
publicly on the list or privately as a result of posting to the list.

Paul Feather