Re: Model Codes (was Navy Structural Document Source)

Unless they've changed in recent years the South Florida Building Code
(Dade County) would bite you in the back of the neck.

At one time, they allowed a maximum of  10 feet between landings on stairs.
 Everywhere else I've worked, 12 feet was allowed.

It's been a long time since I've done any work down there, but I'd check
with the local building official there before I designed a simple beam or a
flight of stairs.

Of course, next year it appears Florida will have it's *own* building
code...  Now it's close to nine pounds.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561