	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Paul Feather [SMTP:pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com]
	Sent:	Monday, September 11, 2000 5:22 PM
	To:	seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject:	Re: Re: Lighten up]

	Bart,

	My first reaction when reading the descriptive post was "Now
children, let's
	play nice"

	I have no desire to embroil myself in a hostile email exchange, but
I must
	state the following:

	I personally do not feel that participation on this list should
subject
	anyone to personal attacks or abuse, on the list or off it.  The
original
	posting was an attempt at humor, and Oshin's (sp?) response was a
bit harsh.
	But since then this thread has degenerated steadily.

	Both of the original posters and yourself have contributed
thoughtfully and
	professionally to this list.  We all have a bad day, or something
posted
	will be interpreted in differing levels of severity depending on our
	personal backgrounds.  Our differences in culture and experience is
a large
	part of what makes participating on the list worthwhile, we must
celebrate
	our differences, and temper our reactions to them.

	I do not feel that professional participation on the list is
encouraged by
	the personal denigration of the other participants, whether it be
done
	publicly on the list or privately as a result of posting to the
list.

	Paul Feather