RE: Navy Structural Document Source

Roger,

ASCE 7-98 Appendix Table C7-3 is appropriate for converting snow
probabilities, but ASCE 7-98 Appendix Table C6-3 is the appropriate table
for converting wind probabilities.

The commonly used mean recurrence interval is 50 years for wind, snow, and
earthquake loads.  But the probability of exceedance is different for wind,
snow, and earthquake.

Regards,
Harold Sprague