Re: Model Codes (was Navy Structural Document Source)

Being registered in 27 US states (I think, at last count anyway), 4
Canadian provinces, NZ, UK and EU, perhaps I might venture  a comment.

The laws of physics are remarkably constant between jurisdictions. A good
structural design by any other code will still stand so sweet (apologies to
W. Shakespeare).

Ruminating about details of the various human jurisdictions misses the
point. Code books don't hold anything up, nor do calculations, and Mother
Nature is oblivious to both.

Get your structure right, and the various codes will allow it without
difficulty. Get it wrong, and the laws of physics will expose your error
without mercy. Those laws know no bounds. They don't even care which units
you use.

Peter S. Higgins

>I am curious to hear from others their experiences with the degree of
changes to the model codes in the various states.

Mark Swingle<