From: Neil Moore [mailto:nmoore(--nospam--at)innercite.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 6:52 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; INTERNET:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Steel Tanks and API-650

We have a 1976 edition of the Steel Plate Engineering Data - Volume 1,
which references the API-650.  When determining the bending of rafters, the
API-650 states that the maximum allowable compression is 20 ksi for
unsymmetrical members, and is 22 ksi for symmetrical members.
Specifically, I would imagine, the differences in allowable bending between
a wide flange and a channel.

Is this still the current requirements?

Neil Moore, S.E.