attn: steel detailers

situation:
panelized roof system, open web joists and girders (with wood nailers),
channel ledger (with headed studs), concrete tilt up panels.  i am currently
using a 12" deep channel which gives me enough room for a 3 x nailer, a 3
inch +/- "k joist" seat, a bearing plate, 2 stiffeners at 10" spacing, and a
bucketful of welding.

how does this design compare to others in terms of materials and labor?
what is the most efficient (least expensive?) joist seat design at the
channel ledger?

any answers would be appreciated.  thanks in advance.
da