Concrete form work

I have a new concrete building wall immediately adjacent to existing concrete
building with an eight inch clear space in between.  I need to maintain a 3
inch seismic separation.  Does anyone know how the forming can be done
between the two building walls?  Possibly styrofoam may be an answer but it
will have to be left in place and it is not truly a seismic separation since
styrofoam does have a certain compressive strength.