From: Randy Diviney [mailto:rsdiviney(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 6:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Masonry Bond beams at 4'-0" o.c.

I was reading the masonry section in Simplified Engineering by Parker
Ambrose. It states that load bearing walls must be reinforced at 4'-0" o.c.
both vertically and horizontally but doesn't site the code this is
referenced from. I've looked through ACI 530 and still can't find anything
about reinforcing in both directions. Can someone please tell me where this
is in a code book.