FW: Vibration Isolators for Bins

Cracks are VERY, VERY BAD!

I assume form your description that the cracks in the bin skin are actually
cracks in the bottom hopper???

This needs to be addressed before the bottom of the bin fails and dumps the
screw feeder and tons of contents below.

Check with the bin mfg. to confirm that the bin was designed for a vibrating
discharge.  The hopper may be too thin for the vibrating discharge.

Isolating the bin from the platform may solve the platform problem but will
make the bin vibration worse.  It may be that the counter weights for the
vibrator are too large and they can be reduced to lower the vibrations.

Ron Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
Birmingham, Alabama  USA
Phone: 205.823.4784