Re: Suggested Details - HSS Column Embedded in Concrete Masonry

We just tackled something similar with a concrete wall.  We opted for a
combination deformed bar anchor / headed stud configuration from column to
wall.  I had a wide flange column, so I used a "moment" connection from the
girder to the column.

This solution is filed under the category "engineer the !@#$% out of it!"

But I'll sleep nights.

Keith Fix, PE