Re: Knowing the Owner Won't Follow Recommendations

This is a serious problem.  Our responsibility is limited to the
contract.  Sometimes, the owners change the use, even without informing
the engineer, and by the time it happens, I may not even be living.

I'd design conservative enough that mother nature does not intervene AND
send the letter as it would still not be designed to these loads as per
governing code on my calculation sheets (crack control requirements may
not be fulfilled).

I have lost clients for being too expensive, but you think of the people
who'd be working in that factory.

S A Masroor
Karachi, Pakistan.