Truck Axle Loads

>From my references, for H20-S16-44 (now called HS20-44 ?) truck, the maximum
axle load is 32 K on a single axle or 16 K on *each* of two axles in tandem.
A few questions please: (1) For trucks with triple axles in tandem (like
tanker trucks or heavy dump trucks I've seen), is the maxium load still
limited to 32 k on the combined axles ? (2) In reality, do single axles
carrying 32 K exist, or are they always at least two tandem axles to carry
this large a load load ? (3) Is the situation different any in Canada or
Europe from the US ? I am really trying to determine if the design assumption
of 32 K on a pair of tandem axles covers is the real worst case for
structural slab design at a tanker truck load/unload station .  Thanks in
advance for any feedback.