From: Todd Hill [mailto:thill(--nospam--at)tkarch.com]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 8:40 AM
To: SEAINT (E-mail)
Subject: Bar Joists

I have structural drawings dated 1978 for a project in Oklahoma.
The drawings call out a 18H5 joist on 5'-0" centers, spanning 30'-0".
Anyone know what the capacity for this joist would be?
Anyone know what the history of this lettering for steel joists?
Most recent catalogs I have, list K series joists.
I also have older information on J series joists.
What do the letters actually mean?

Todd Hill
TK Architects, Inc.
816-842-7552 ext. 233