From: Al Greene [mailto:agreene(--nospam--at)bigge.com]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 12:36 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Welding galvanized steel

I have a contractor who wants to make nonstructural weather-seal welds of
galvanized steel without grinding off the zinc coating.  He says that it's
done all the time.  I am concerned about the galvanic degradation of the
weld over time with the zinc mixed into the weld metal as well as the zinc
fume problem.  Has anyone run into this question before?  Thanks in advance
for any responses.

Al Greene, PE