City user taxes

Occasionally, a city I have worked for (not for a private party within a
city) has asked me to get a local business license even though I am not
located in the city. For work for the city of Los Angeles, for example, the
annual fee was around $ 150.00. The projects were quite interesting and it
seemed like a small cost of doing business. I recall Gerald Lehmer's
discussion in the "From Experience" series and agreed with his concerns.

Michael Krakower SE
Arcadia,CA