From: Jim Persing [mailto:jpersing(--nospam--at)ncfweb.net]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 1:18 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Bar Joists

Keith Fix, PE,

I think your response to Todd Hill could be directed to just about all
inquiries on this list but that is not the purpose of these inquiries and
I'm pleased that there were several helpful responses to his question.

Jim Persing, SE

P.S. - It did not take too much effort to find that Mr. Todd Hill is a
licensed engineer in the State of Oklahoma, the state of his project
location.

P.P.S. - My name is on a lot of plans out there but if I'm still around in
22 years I hope nobody will be calling me asking about a plan I signed over
2 decades before!

Keith Fix wrote....
Todd:

Please call a structural engineer in your area and ask him to help you.
Although many on this list can certainly answer such a simple question, it
would be appropriate that you pay for the information, and have an engineer
available to help with any related questions you might have.

You might also consider calling the engineer-of-record, whose stamp should
be
on the drawings.

Keith Fix, PE
Cromwell Architects Engineers