RE: Trusjoist customers.

On this thread...

Has anyone used Trus Joists TJ Beam software?

Their salesperson recently installed it on my work station (after an hour
sale pitch on their floor rating system).  I've previously been using tables
for simple spans (which takes nearly no time)and hand calcs for overhangs
(which gets a bit tedious and time consuming).

Now that I've got this piece of software (and computers are the time saving
wave of the furture), I've come to find out that the software has had
purposefully limited as not handle overhangs in excess of 36 inches.

So now I can either use tables or the software for simple spans (which takes
more time that tables do).  For the overhangs, I can either have a tech rep
(a 20 year old with a computer)at Trus Joist run the numbers and recieve a
fax, or I can crunch the numbers by hand (which a takes slightly more time.

As far as promptness and courtesy, this one experience has been good.  Their
catalogs are well laid out, easy to follow, and easy to design with.  The
saleperson I dealed with previously was a bit condesending (asked me if I
knew what trib. area was?) and couldn't explain lateral bracing
requirements.

David B. Tehranchi

A pessimist says the glass is half empty,
An optimist says the glass is half full,
Ands the engineer says...
    "It's a good thing I put half my
     water in a redundant glass"
                            ---Dilbert