RE: comm#780--stainless steel

Michael,

I just checked the web site of Specialty Steel Industry of North America,
and had no problem with the download.  They have some good information.
Another resource is ANSI/ASCE 8-90 Specification of Cold Formed Stainless
Steel Structural Members.

For fasteners, I would use the Fastener Design Manual by Barrett, NASA Ref
Pub 1228.

I generally avoid A304 because it is not very resistant to corrosion.

Regards,
Harold Sprague