Re: Seismic design of shear wall

Section 2107.1.7 on page 2-215 of the 97 UBC states the requirements for
seismic zone 3 and 4.  it states" when calculating shear or diagonal
tension stresses, sherar walls which resist seismic forces in seismic zone
3 and 4 shall be designed to resist 1.5 times the forces required by
section 1630."
Good luck
Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates.