5/8" dia. a.b.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 5/8" dia. a.b.
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:03:36 -0700
Does anyone know why sill bolting in residential construction in zones 3 & 4 is now required to be 5/8" dia. anchor bolts instead of 1/2" dia.?
For some time now, I beleived 5/8" dia. were required only if utilizing the prescriptive measures for construction. This belief was due to my attending a seminar on the 97 UBC at which the speaker said "Section 1806.6 only applies to conventional construction, in a designed structure 1/2" dia. a.b. is o.k." I even wrote down this quote in my code book during the seminar.
I have not yet run into a plan checker who buys into this statement.
Anyone have some insight to this issue?
- Prev by Subject: RE: 4th of July - What Does It Mean To You?
- Next by Subject: RE: 5/8" dia. a.b.
- Previous by thread: RE: It's What You Don't Know That Hurts You...
- Next by thread: RE: 5/8" dia. a.b.