Building Code in Brazil

In a message dated 9/19/00 11:44:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
daley(--nospam--at)mcclier.com writes:

<< I am working on a proposal for a project located in Brazil.  Does anyone
 know what building code governs this area? >>

Sergio at ICBO says each city develops its own code and the surrounding
smaller cities tend to adopt the code of its larger neighbor city. ICBO is
working with Brazil encouraging it to adopt "the I Codes".