RE: Trusjoist customers.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Trusjoist customers.
- From: "Glyn Boone" <BooneG(--nospam--at)trusjoist.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:38:41 -0600
I appreciate hearing feedback on our support and software. Just to let you know, our 36" limit on cantilevers in our software is only for cantilevers with point loads (rather than uniform loads). This was done because the software is often used by non engineers who don't understand the need for lateral bracing on the underside of the backspan of cantilevered joists. A new version of TJBeam to be released next year will include more detailed information on backspan bracing for the user and the 36" limit will be eliminated and replaced with a "construction loading" check (a check of the stability of the cantilevered joist under construction loads when there is typically no sheathing on the bottom side).
Glyn Boone, P.E.
Eastern Division Engineer
- Prev by Subject: RE: Trusjoist customers.
- Next by Subject: Truss computer program
- Previous by thread: RE: Trusjoist customers.
- Next by thread: Warped Roof Joists