RE: Trusjoist customers.

I appreciate hearing feedback on our support and software.  Just to let you know, our 36" limit on cantilevers in our software is only for cantilevers with point loads (rather than uniform loads).  This was done because the software is often used by non engineers who don't understand the need for lateral bracing on the underside of the backspan of cantilevered joists.  A new version of TJBeam to be released next year will include more detailed information on backspan bracing for the user and the 36" limit will be eliminated and replaced with a "construction loading" check (a check of the stability of the cantilevered joist under construction loads when there is typically no sheathing on the bottom side).

Glyn Boone, P.E.
Eastern Division Engineer
Trus Joist
717-556-0656