stack foundation

We have been asked to design a foundation for a 200-foot high, 20-foot diameter stack. Can anyone give me any "watch out for's" or direct me towards any reference information.  I am going to have a soils investigation by a geotech to be sure that we don't have any settlement problems using a "shallow" foundation.  I am guessing (this is in the very preliminary stages)  that the foundation will be something like a 25 foot hexagon maybe 8 feet thick.  What kind of factor of safety should be used for overturning for a structure like this? One thing that I was thinking might be a problem is heat because of the fairly large mass of concrete that will be needed.  All of your thoughts are appreciated.

Ken Peoples, P. E.

lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net

Do You Yahoo!?