Re: Live Load Reduction for One-Way Slabs

Brian,

Actually, the 2000 IBC does states that live load reductions is not
permitted for one-way slabs (with a some exeptions).  Section 1607.9.1.4
states that "Live loads shall not be reduced for one-way slabs except as
permitted in Section 1607.9.1.1"  Like you, I could find nothing in the
UBC (1997) that "disallows" live load reduction for one-way slabs, but
then I am not that familiar with the UBC.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE