Re:

----- Original Message -----
From: <desi.kiss(--nospam--at)theaustin.com>
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 7:52 PM

> Brazil has its own local codes and uses the SI system (for example Sao
> Paulo)
>
> The UBC or IBC could be used if the contract stipulates for the use of US
> codes.
> Your proposal shall be based on the "Contract" Code requirements, since
the
> design criteria may vary significantly.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Desi J. Kiss, P.E.
>

> ----- Forwarded by Desi Kiss/we/Austin on 09/19/2000 03:41 PM -----
>
>                     "Daley, John"
>                     <daley@mcclie        To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>                     r.com>               cc:
>                                          Subject:
>                     09/19/2000
>                     10:31 AM
>                     Please
>                     respond to
>                     seaint
>

> List,
>
> I am working on a proposal for a project located in Brazil.  Does anyone
> know what building code governs this area?
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> John T. Daley, P.E.
> Structural Engineer
> 401 E Illinois
> Chicago IL 60611
> 312-373-7822
> 312-373-6822 (desktop fax)
> www.mcclier.com

HI, JOHN
MY NAME IS EDWARD; I'M A STRUCTURAL BRASILIAN ENGINEER. I HAVE BEEN WORKING
IN THE AREA SINCE 1975, IN BOTH CONCRETE AND STEEL. SINCE I'M INTERESTED IN
WORKING IN USA, I THINK THAT IS A GOOD OPORTUNITY TO CHANGE INFORMATIONS. I
WILL BE AT YOUR SERVICE IN ORDER TO EXPLAIN ANY QUESTION ABOUT BRASILIANS
CODES AND OTHER THINGS, IF NECESSARY.  WE HERE HAVE OUR OWN CODE CALLED
"ABNT" BRASILIAN ASSOCIATION OF TECHNICAL NORMS. IT IS QUITE DIFFERENT OF
ACI.  IN CONCRETE WE ARE MORE NEAR TO EUROCODE, THE EUROPEAN CODE.
MY E-MAIL IS jedward(--nospam--at)uol.com.br
PS. BRASIL HAS "S" INSTEAD OF "Z" BECAUSE IN PORTUGUESE WHEN THE CONSONANT
S  IS IN BETWEEN  TWO VOWELS, IT SOUNDS "Z"