Flood Control Structures

Ladies/Gentlemen:

We are about to do a flood control project here in our country and I would like to ask for the following:

1. Could you give us some good referece books/website/publications/informations/etc. that we can use in relation to the subject?

2. We are using American codes here (aside form our local code) and UBC as well. Is AASHTO applicable for such structures?

3. Any special considerations for flood control structures (flood gates, retaining walls, etc)such as loadings, etc. that we need to take note of?

Any information you could extend to us will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

J.G. Sevilla
Structral Engineer
Trans-Agalma Group
Philippines