Re: Flood Control Structures

I don't think UBC  will have much to do with flood control structures. I
suggest that you obtain design data from US Dept. of Interior or someone
like the Los Angeles County Dept. of Public Works (formerly Flood Control
District). You will have to be concerned with scour from high velocity
water among many other things. You should be planning to use high quality
concrete- not necessarily high strength but high quality to resist
erosion, etc.

Stan Scholl, P. E.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.