Auburn University Extension Service Distance Learning

I frequently get notices from AU regarding their Continuing Engineering
Education distance learning programs, which at this point are mostly videotape
programs that you can rent. My assumption is that you complete a test booklet at
the end of the program, and submit it for grading.

These earn CEUs/PDHs, and can be used for those states (like Alabama, where my
original licensure resides) that require Professional Development Hours for
renewal of license.

I want to know if anyone has used this particular program and what you thought
of it. Also, let me know if there are similar programs elsewhere.

It seems to me that someone was putting up a website for this purpose as well,
so that the "learning" took place online, but I can't recall the details. It
does seem that online learning, especially with the increasing presence of
broadband that would allow more reliable delivery of video content.