-----Original Message-----
From:	Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent:	Thursday, September 21, 2000 12:14 PM
To:	SEAINT
Subject:	Macomber V-Beams

I have a remodeling project in a building that was built in 1972. I have
obtained the joist tags and the joists are Macomber V-beams. I know
Macomber's designations didn't follow the typical SJI designations. Can
someone help me out with the capacities for these designations and
spans?

18D         32 foot span
22H        44 foot span
24H        48 foot span

Let me know if I don't have the designations right. I can always go back
to the site, since it is only 2 minutes from our office.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.