RE: Flood Control Structures

From: Jonathan G. Sevilla, CE [mailto:seaint(--nospam--at)edsamail.com.ph]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 5:57 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Flood Control Structures

Ladies/Gentlemen:

We are about to do a flood control project here in our country and I would
like to ask for the following:

1. Could you give us some good referece
books/website/publications/informations/etc. that we can use in relation to
the subject?

2. We are using American codes here (aside form our local code) and UBC as
well. Is AASHTO applicable for such structures?

3. Any special considerations for flood control structures (flood gates,
retaining walls, etc)such as loadings, etc. that we need to take note of?

Any information you could extend to us will be highly appreciated. Thank you
in advance.

J.G. Sevilla
Structral Engineer
Trans-Agalma Group
Philippines

Jon,

Hi it's me, Bing! What's up? So you're working at Trans-Agalma Group now? Me
at WSP Asia Philippines, here's my e-mail address: lorenay(--nospam--at)wspasia.com.ph
BYE!