Acoustical Ceiling Support

Anyone has experience with suspended ceiling support problems when roof
joists are not spaced at 4 feet or less on centers? I am facing an annoying
situation where an architect is claiming that 1500mm is too far for standard
acoustical ceiling grid system support. I have looked at our specifications
and it does require the wires to be plumb. However, even if the joists are
spaced at less than 4 feet there is no guarantee that the wires will be
plumb, is there? Thanks for your input.

Ghassem.