RE: Live load for a workout room

Marlou,

It depends on the nature of the workout room.  As a minimum, gymnasiums are
designed for 100 psf.  Loads due to aerobic dance must also be considered.
So you need to also evaluate the forcing loads and the vibration acceptance
criteria.  Check out Floor Vibrations due to Human Activity, AISC Design
Guide 11.

Regards,
Harold Sprague