Regional System Selection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Regional System Selection
- From: Robert Rollo <rrollo(--nospam--at)TEAM-PSC.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:48:12 -0500
The Todd Hill/Desi Kiss thread has brought up an intersesting sidebar:
Regional Structural System selections.
How and why are various area of the country (world) approaching some of the following building types.
I know some of this is obvious, but entertain us anyway.
Here in our area:
low rise: is open web joists on steel beams with load bearing masonry walls or braced TS column frames. Metal deck or poured gypsum roof diaphragm.
multiple floor: moment (sometimes braced) frames with composite beam floor assembly (sometimes open web joist and conform deck) with metal deck roof diapragms. very little concrete structures. cost is usually the determinant (as well as speed of erection, but then again, that's cost isn't it ?)
r o b e r t d. r o l l o
Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc.
4222 85th st
Lubbock, Texas 79423
(806) 473-2200 vox
(806) 473-3500 fax
- Prev by Subject: REF: Flowable Backfill
- Next by Subject: Re: Regional System Selection
- Previous by thread: WANTED: Copies of AISC Structural Journal Articles
- Next by thread: Re: Regional System Selection