Re: Acoustical Ceiling Support

hans boge asked:

. > how much does acoustic tile way anyway - say 0.25 psf!!

That question entered my mind some time back when I wondered if the 1.5 psf
that I had been using was a reasonable number.  I thumbed thru Sweets and 2.5
to 3 psf for the tile and T-bar system was more common than 1.5 psf.

Splaying hanging wires isn't bad.  Didn't the UBC after the San Fernando EQ
*require* the wires be splayed (and other provisions) to prevent dislodging
of the tiles and light fixtures in an EQ?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona