Re: Nonlinear time history

Hope the followings can help you.

I am not sure whether the proper results will be gained if you run the TIME
HISTORY CASES on members which are not "NLLINK", give it a try and no harm.

1> DEFINE-->NLLINK PROPERTIES. If you are designing tension-only member,
choose HOOK besides the icon TYPE. Or if you are designing compression only
member, choose GAP.
Also you need to define all the properties, such as weight,
mass etc. If you want the member to take tension(or compression) only, under
DIRECTIONAL
PROPERTIES, you need to click U1 and NONLINEAR and defone the stiffness of
cable by clicking MODIFY/SHOW FOR U1. This will allow the member to take
axial load only.

2> DRAW--> DRAW NLLINK ELEMENT, where you draw the members in the proper
position in the structure.

3> Highlight the element you just draw and ASSIGN--> NLLINK

4> After you have defined the STATICS LOAD CASES in DEFINE, define TIME
HISTORY CASES as you define the loading combination in static. First, under
the icon ANALYSIS TYPE, choose NONLINEAR. then you need to define the modal
damping...etc.

Enny