Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 3:01 PM
Subject: New York State Building Code Wind

Hi folks,

I am just starting my first New York State Building project and am in the process of getting the State Building Code.  In the mean time, I would like to get a start on the design (I know its risky but I am behind already - whats new?).  What I was wondering was whether any of you know if the wind load provisions of the NYS code is similar to BOCA or ASCE 7 or some other code that I might have already.  Any help is appreciated.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
2102 Main St. Suite 200