From: Sherman, William [ mailto:ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com <mailto:ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 7:23 PM
To: SeaInt Listserver (E-mail)
Subject: EIA/TIA-222-F

Can anyone tell me if EIA/TIA-222-F provides criteria for stability of
antenna foundations - specifically, required factors of safety against
overturning and/or permissible amount that the foundation reaction can go
outside the middle third (kern)?

I am reviewing a foundation submittal for an antenna tower. The submittal
info states that the tower is designed per EIA/TIA-222-F for a 150 MPH basic
wind speed. Reactions at the base of the tower are given and a foundation
size is given. By my calculations, the foundation only works if the reaction
is permitted to be outside the kern distance - I would like to know if there
is a stated criteria for such design in the TIA standards.

William C. Sherman
Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.
Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311