RE: Buildings separation

The accelerations are greatly amplified by the effects of pounding.

Re:
	"The Significant Effects f Pounding-Induced Accelerations on
Building Appurtenances", Kasai, Jeng, Maison, ATC-29 Seminar: Seismic Design
of Equipment and Nonstructural Elements in Buildings and Industrial
Structures, October 3-4, 1990, ATC.

	SLAM , A Computer Program for the Analysis of Structural Pounding.
NISEE.
http://www.eerc.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/texhtml?form=eea.all&controln=309835

	SLAM 2, , A Computer Program for the Analysis of Structural
Pounding. NISEE.

http://www.eerc.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/texhtml?form=eea.all&controln=309834

Regards,
Harold Sprague