Re: Nuclear Power plants

Onur,
Try to see if you could get information from Bechtel Power or Fluor Daniel
on seismic design force accelerations for nuclear power plants.  When I
worked for Bechtel, some 17 years ago, I recall hearing the 0.67 factor
come up a lot.  It is my understanding that the Nuclear Regulatory
Commission has a lot of requirements in this kind of facilities.  I could
stand corrected on my number by some of the Nuclear Folks.

Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E
Harris & Associates