Re: Nuclear Power plants

Dear Onur,

Check out ASCE-4. This is the code for nuclear power plant structures and
other facilities. For specific analysis, several NRC regulations are also
available.

Hope this helps.

ravi sinha

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Samir Ghosn wrote:

> Onur,
> Try to see if you could get information from Bechtel Power or Fluor Daniel
> on seismic design force accelerations for nuclear power plants.  When I
> worked for Bechtel, some 17 years ago, I recall hearing the 0.67 factor
> come up a lot.  It is my understanding that the Nuclear Regulatory
> Commission has a lot of requirements in this kind of facilities.  I could
> stand corrected on my number by some of the Nuclear Folks.
>
> Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E
> Harris & Associates
> At 07:01 PM 9/26/2000 EEST, you wrote:
> >
> >Hi everybody,
> >I am onur DAL, gradyate student in structural engineering.
> >I need a code or anything related to Seismic design of Nuclear Power plants.
> >Limitations any kind of provisions. Do you know Where I can find these?
> >Thanks

Ravi Sinha, Ph.D.		email: rsinha(--nospam--at)gemini.civil.iitb.ernet.in
Associate Professor		       rsinha(--nospam--at)civil.iitb.ernet.in
Department of Civil Engineering	       Phone: (91-22)-576-7336, 576-7301
IIT, Powai, Mumbai - 400 076, India    Fax: (91-22)-572-3480, 576-7302