Re: Partition loading

John
Is this issue being driven by the contractor and he, the contractor, is
using the building official as a resource to confront the designer about
the use of partiotion loads. After all, isn't true that builders tell their
cleints that the project is over desinged.  I can think of many instances
when contractors tell my clients, that the structure is an overkill.
I think you guys should not jump at the chance to defeat the building
official without further information on the driving force behind this.
Samir Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates