RE: New York State Building Code Wind

It is my understanding that because of a concern that the NYC wind loads
may be on the light side, many NYC engineers use the loads in ASCE 7when
they are larger..

Mark  Gilligan

>FYI, I don't have the State code but I have excerpts ("Reference
Standards")
from the New York City code from a couple of years ago. The wind tables in
the City code list 20 psf for structural frame design between 0-100 feet
(and 30 psf or 20 psf suction for wall elements). There is also a New York
City Seismic Code which appears to be based on early 1990's vintage UBC.