RE: Two Codes !! & NEHERP

From:   Peter Higgins, 76573,2107
To:     INTERNET:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org, INTERNET:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Date:   9/26/00  9:03 AM

RE:     RE: Two Codes !! & NEHERP

Their point of departure will no doubt be NEHERP.

But Ben's point remains. NFPA should be far more responsive to change than
ICC. We need this flexibility and response badly. ICC simply isn't
listening to arcane technical points, quite probably because the necessary
expertise isn't on the committee to begin with.

How many building officials do you know who have actually confronted a
blank sheet of paper and put a seal on a finished design? I'm sure there
are a few, but I have yet to meet one. Given that, what right do they have
to dictate design? Granted they should have a voice. But sole control? I
don't think so.

Peter Higgins, SE