Two Questions Re WF Girder to HSS Column Connections

Hello, all.

I've been doing some moment connection designs for HSS columns, and find the HSS
Connections Manual to be invaluable.

I'm just finishing up a MathCad template to effect a design of a "welded tee"
connection such as is illustrated as Example 5-4 on page 5-22 et seq. in that
manual.

However, this Example omits design of the "stiffened seat" that I want to use,
is shown in the manual as Fig. 5-5. I know this should be easy, but I'm a bit
antsy about some of the "special" requirements regarding the HSS. They seem to
like to do a lot of "yield line" based analysis for deriving equations, and I'm
not sure how to proceed.

Has anyone done this sort of thing, and would you have a comment?

Thanks and regards.